Effective Date: October 1, 2023
This policy may contain references to several data protection laws which may not apply to your specific country or jurisdiction.
For further information on this policy and how we process your data, contact us at
Who are we?
In this policy, “Korro AI”, “we” or “us” refers to Korro AI Limited, 2nd Floor, 167-169 Great Portland St, London W1W 5PF, United Kingdom. We are the data controller under the applicable privacy laws.
What data do we collect and how we use it?
In the following section, you will find information on how we collect your personal data, what data is collected, its uses and the legal basis upon which it is processed.
A legal basis for processing your data will arise when one or more of the following conditions apply:
- Consent: You have given us your consent to the use of your information which can be withdrawn at any time, Art. 6(1)(a) UK GDPR.
- Contract: You have/or are about to enter into an agreement with us and your information is needed to provide you with the requested services, Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR.
- Legal obligation: We may be required to process your information in order to comply with certain legal obligations, Art. 6(1)(c) UK GDPR.
- Legitimate interest: We might use your information because we have—or a third party has—a legitimate interest in doing so. This happens only in cases where we think the way we are using your data doesn’t significantly impact your privacy or would be expected by you, or there is a compelling reason to do so, Art. 6(1)(f) UK GDPR.
|HOW WE COLLECT DATA
|DATA CATEGORIES COLLECTED
|USE AND LEGAL BASIS
|When you contact us
|When you contact us via email, post or telephone, we process your full name, address, e-mail address, telephone number (as applicable)
|This data is used to review and respond to your request. The legal basis is that the processing is necessary in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you or your consent when applicable.
|When you apply for a position with us
|We process your general application data including full name, address, resume and other corresponding application material.
|This data is used to process your application. The legal basis is that the processing is necessary in order to take steps prior to entering into an employment contract with you.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary to fulfil the specific purposes, as explained under the section “What data do we collect and how we use it” above. In specific cases, a longer retention of your personal information might be required according to legal obligations.
In all other cases, we delete your personal information once the purpose of processing your information has been fulfilled.
Data transfers outside the EEA
In order to carry out the activities described in this policy, we may transfer your personal data to our affiliates, service providers or partners in countries outside the EEA. They may process your data in countries whose data protection laws are not considered to be as strong as the UK GDPR or the laws which apply where you live. In some countries, there is a risk that authorities may access the data for security and surveillance purposes without informing you or allowing you to take legal action.
In order to grant sufficient protection of your personal data, all data transfers above are covered under an appropriate legal transfer mechanism such as Adequacy Decisions or other such measures according to Art. 46 UK GDPR.
Any sharing of your personal data with other Korro AI entities or service providers will be made in accordance with applicable data protection laws and will be limited to the extent necessary. The legal basis for our sharing of your personal data with such companies is according to Art. 28(1) UK GDPR, Art 26(1) UK GDPR or alternatively our legitimate interests in commissioning those companies with the services described above (Art. 6(1)(f) UK GDPR).
We may also be required to disclose your personal data to government or law enforcement officials in response to a lawful request by a public authority or if we have to do so to comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements according to Art. 6(1)(c) UK GDPR. We can also disclose your information in order to pursue our legitimate interest in applying or enforcing our terms and conditions or in responding to any claims, in protecting our rights or the rights of a third party, in protecting the safety of any person or in preventing any illegal activity (including for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction) according to Art. 6(1)(f) UK GDPR.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize your device, letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remember your preferences, and generally improve your experience.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
We do not use these necessary cookies for analysis, tracking or advertising purposes.
The legal basis for using these cookies is our legitimate interest according to Art. 6(1) (f) UK GDPR.
Please note that if you delete certain cookies, our web pages may not be displayed correctly and that some functions may no longer be available.
Your privacy rights
You have certain rights as relates to the processing of your personal data.
- Access: Be informed as to whether we process your personal data and where that is the case, to request access to that personal data.
- Rectification: Request the correction of inaccurate personal data.
- Erasure: You have the right to request that we delete your personal data under certain circumstances, e.g., if your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Restriction: Request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data
- Object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances, in particular if we process your Personal Data on the legal basis of legitimate interests or if we use your personal data for marketing purposes.
- Data portability: Request a copy of your personal data in commonly used, electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data to another data controller.
Automated individual decision making: We do not use your personal data to make decisions based solely on automated decision making (decisions without human involvement), including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
Right to lodge a complaint:
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable data protection authority (where you live, work or where the processing occurred), if you believe that the processing of your data violates data protection regulations.
You may exercise these rights by contacting us directly:
Who do I contact with other questions?
You may also contact our data protection officer:
FIRST PRIVACY GmbH
Konsul-Smidt-Straße 88 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
28217 Bremen, Germany www.first-privacy.com